The Shop Manager is responsible for the standards and performance of the operations department ensuring the highest degree of safety, quality and aircraft availability while minimizing the cost of doing business.
Will serve as a passionate advocate for the company’s mission and values and fully embrace our business principles of profitable growth, client retention, world-class safety, and professional development. The Shop Manager will be a strong leader with a demonstrated ability to take business strategies and translate them into effective action plans, timelines and individual goals
Key responsibilities & duties
- Promote excellence, commitment, accountability, and teamwork throughout the operations department.
- Responsible for safety performance of the department, creating and implementing a framework of policies and procedures that advance the company’s safety objectives, demonstrating a visible commitment to employee and client well-being, and promoting a just safety culture in the organization.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees and areas.
- Define, communicate and hold employees accountable to minimum standards of performance.
- Execute and maintain schedule through aircraft delivery and follow-up. Monitor and oversee work flow to ensure work package is on schedule and within budget, including shop floor efficiency.
- Develop department initiatives, action plans and timelines to support the company’s strategic business plan.
- Ensures that Technicians maintain a professional appearance and etiquette which reflects the high standards of the company.
- Develop metrics and dashboards to communicate performance and keep the operations team on track.
- Establish training requirements for each member of the department.
Support all teams (i.e. Quality, Invoice Analysts, Line Service, Materials) in returning aircraft to service after maintenance.
Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Maintenance, Aviation Management or similar subject, or 7-10 years of equivalent work experience is required.
Airframe and Powerplant License is desired.
Demonstrated Skills in
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Planning & Organizing
. Staff Management
- Demonstrated successful management with a minimum of 10-years of experience in the Aerospace Industry.
- Full understanding of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including team-building, coaching and people development.
- Proven ability to set priorities, communicate objectives and meet deadlines.
. Adequate oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must clear an FBI background check
- Must have good credit